The D2H is Collings’ tribute to Martin’s timeless HD-28 dreadnaught guitar.
This D2H is a completely “stock” model–we ordered it without any changes or customizations. Sitka spruce top with Indian rosewood back and sides. 1-11/16″ nut with 25.5″ scale length.
Includes Collings hardshell case.
The square-shouldered 14-fret dreadnought is the most popular steel-string acoustic guitar body shape in the world. While Collings is certainly not the only company to build them, we bring a new tonal clarity to the depth and warmth usually associated with such a large, deep-bodied guitar. Although its bass response makes the dreadnought ideal for vocal accompaniment, Collings versions are also often employed by bluegrass flatpickers who must compete with inherently louder instruments such as banjos and fiddles. The wide range of woods and neck sizes offered allow dreadnought fans to find a Collings model ideally suited to their playing style and tonal preference.
- Select sitka spruce top
- East Indian rosewood back and sides
- Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- Grained ivoroid top/back body binding
- Herringbone trim with matching 2-style backstrip
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Square headstock with volute
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard with ebony belly-style bridge
- Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 14th fret
- Modified V neck profile with 2 3/16″ string spacing
- 14″-26″ Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16″ Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- 25 1/2″ Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl diamond and square fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Recommended string gauge – D’Addario EJ-17 (.013″-.056″)
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL